The primary role of the Business Development representative is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, marketing or other means of generating interest from potential clients for their associated relocation/transition projects. They must develop a rapport with new clients and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
Required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new and ongoing services to clients. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business development representative’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors. Base + Commission. First year earnings $100- 125K. Further earnings in subsequent years. The main duties of the Business Development Manager can be summarized as follows:
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and opportunities
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a consistent pipeline of opportunities. *
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new companies &.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan and execute: methods, pitches and proposals.
- Participate in pricing the transition service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
Business Development Networking
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences (NAIOP, BOMA, IFMA, etc.), and provide engagement and information on market and potential revenue opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and referral sources that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Business development management positions require a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
Networking, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
Role: Business Development Account Executive
Apply for this job now.