IT Support Technician
The IT Support Technician will gather information related to incidents or issues, then determining the root cause and implementing resolutions to resolve the user's issues. The role will also manage incoming requests and escalate to other members of the IT team when required. Additionally, the role will be responsible for managing and delivering mini projects as part of the development of the company's IT infrastructure.
- Supporting internal users across the UK and global offices with software and hardware issues, and service requests.
- Install, maintain, upgrade and support of applications.
- Prioritising and managing several open support cases and mini projects at one time.
- Active Directory administration. user account creations, modifications, account removals, computer management, security, access rights, etc.
- Build and deployment of desktops, laptops, and initial system training for new users.
- Basic Network administration, TCP/IP and general WAN/LAN trouble shooting.
- Contribute to the development of polices, processes and procedures.
- Installing of patches and Anti-Virus updates.
- Administration of backups and restores.
- An up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of IT Systems
- Technical knowledge and experience of desktop operation systems: Windows 7/8/10
- Technical knowledge and experience of server operation systems: Windows Server 2016, 2019
- Active Directory administration.
- Demonstrable experience of providing hardware support/troubleshooting (PCs, laptops, printers, multi-function devices).
- Demonstrable experience of providing business critical software support (MS Office, Engineering software's, Web browser etc.)
- Demonstrable experience of hardware builds (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets and Mobiles)
- Internal customer service including helpdesk/IT support environment.
- Full driving licence
- Relevant IT qualification
- Previous demonstrable experience of training users in IT systems and packages
- Advance skills on Virtualization VMware.
- Advance networking skills/experience (Switches, Routers, IP Addressing etc.)
- Backup software knowledge Veeam etc
IT Support Technician