Company: BASELINE RECRUIT LTD
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £25000/annum competitive
Fabulous opportunity for an enthusiatic and proactive 'Accounts Assistant' / 'Credit Controller to work as part of a small friendly team with a primary remit of lookng after the credit control function and chasing debt.
Reporting to the Finance Manager your duties include:
* To accurately and promptly allocate incoming receipts and carry out banking when required
* To provide cover for short-term employee absence, as instructed by the Finance Manager
* Establish and maintain an accurate and easily accessible filing system.
* Establish and maintain effective credit control by taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors.
* Ensuring timely payment of debts and following up payments as needed
* Responding to relevant client enquiries
* To regularly meet with colleagues to resolve issues and obtain explanations and ensure that appropriate action is taken in all cases
* Ensure that the ledgers are reconciled with the control accounts and monthly reports generated and distributed as required
* Posting cash receipts and payments into the group accounting system
* Bank account reconciliations
* Processing payments on the banking system as required
* Supporting the processing of purchase invoices
* Reconciling supplier statements to ensure all liabilities have been recorded
* Supporting the operation and reconciliation of Petty Cash
This is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract