Sr. React Front End Developer
Bellevue, Washington, United States-remote
Senior React Front End Developer
The Senior Front-End Developer will take a prominent role in UI development utilizing their expertise implementing React.js components and state management (e.g. Redux, React Hooks) to support our Pokémon Organized Play initiatives. This role is responsible for ensuring overall Web and/or React Native Mobile app robustness and ease of maintainability, writing high-quality code that is well-tested, and meeting the high demands of our fans. The Senior Software Developer will work with members inside and outside the Technology Organization with a focus on software design and user experience, plus set an example for other Software Engineers.
What You Will Do
- Drive the front-end software design and implementation on various Web and/or React Native Mobile apps.
- Provide technical leadership on various Web and/or React Native Mobile apps.
- Mentor other Software Engineers on best practices around front-end technologies.
- Port existing React.js components to React Native.
- Translate business requirements into engineering tasks which can be estimated and completed in an Agile software system.
- Work closely with non-technical stakeholders in fast feedback loops.
- Work on multi-discipline teams to solve complex problems.
- Write testable, maintainable, and well-documented code. Code quality comes first.
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in front-end Web development utilizing ReactJS, CSS3
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience delivering multiple React Web apps using Redux and React Hooks strongly preferred
- Experience implementing and delivering React Native Mobile apps for iOS and Android strongly preferred
- Experience building shared React component libraries strongly preferred
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with UI/UX design a plus
- Experience with Agile Methodology and Test Driven Development a plus
- Experience developing with Bit (bit.dev) is a plus
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
How You Will Be Successful
- Functional/Technical Skill: Possesses the functional and technical skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Remains current on developments within the industry
- Accuracy/Quality: Produces results or provides services that meet or exceed TPCi standards. Shows concern for quality, accuracy and completeness of work activities. Personally seeks to add value in every work assignment. Notices opportunity to improve quality and takes action to do so.
- Implementation/ Follow-Through: Demonstrates a commitment to quality exhibited by accuracy, completeness and conciseness of work produced. Always keeps in mind the needs of internal and external customers.
- Teamwork: Collaborates and cooperates to get the job done. Offers assistance to others when needed. Builds trust and respect amongst colleagues. Works with others towards a common goal.
- Written and Oral Communication: Expresses information and thoughts clearly, concisely, and accurately in individual and/or group situations. Adapts the presentation of information to the audience and situation. Professional and respectful in communication style.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.