Our client, a large physician led outpatient medical office in the New York Metro Area, is seeking to hire a Gastroenterology Nurse Practitioner to provide medical services in collaboration with its primary care physicians.
· Obtains and documents patient history as appropriate
· Conducts relevant physical exam and evaluates patient
· Prescribes medication
· Orders appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests
· Provides preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
· Collaborates with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
· Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner education program registered by the New York State Education Department.
· At least one year of experience as Nurse Practitioner
· Current Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from a New York State approved accrediting body (ANCC) or be eligible for board certification.
· Current and unrestricted licensed Nurse Practitioner by the New York State Department of Education or be eligible for licensure.
· Must possess Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration.
· Must possess Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll.
· Experience working with diverse populations in an ambulatory healthcare setting.
· Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written.
Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office
About TAL Healthcare:
TAL Healthcare provides full-service recruitment services for all of our clients. We represent and place in permanent positions a wide variety of healthcare professionals including (but not limited to):
- Senior executives (C-suite)
- Financial managers and leaders
- Information Technology (IT) professionals
- Supply Chain specialists
- Nurse Managers
- Nurse Practitioners
- Revenue enhancers
- Practice Administrators
- Billers and Coders
- Managed Care Administrators
"Partnering with our clients to build talented teams and advance the healthcare careers of our candidates."
"Identify, attract, engage and connect the best possible talent while building, nurturing long-term relationships with our client partners based on integrity, trust and the on-going pursuit of excellence."
"Develop and retain the best consultants where trust and caring are central to fostering professional growth; integrity; ethics; quality; professionalism; continuous improvement; and to embrace innovation and change."
Role: Gastroenterology Nurse Practitioner
Location: Long Island,
Apply for this job now.