RETAIL SALES MERCHANDISER
Retail Sales Merchandiser candidates are organized, self-motivated and friendly. As a member of our Top Performing Sales Team, you will work in Retail Sales with oversight and responsibility for increasing sales of our client's products for leading brands. This Retail Sales position services and sells to retail accounts within an assigned territory, ensuring Client standards are met and sales volumes are increased. The ideal candidate for this Retail Sales position is independent, ambitious and driven to succeed with strong sales skills and the confidence to influence key decision makers at the store level. This is a great opportunity to work with Advantage Solutions, the largest sales and marketing agency in North America.
* Meet and exceed sales goals, by maintaining proper product inventory
* Engage with store management using the latest technology to drive sales and enhance client satisfaction
* Maintain client objectives
* Manage time and prioritize for store call coverage
* Communicate effectively both internally with Advantage Solutions management and externally with all customers, building rapport with clients and customers
* Perform merchandising duties
* Sales and/ or retail experience preferred
* Aggressive self-starter with a strong bias for action and results orientation
* High sense of urgency; strong drive and passion to win
* Keen attention to detail
* Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills; position requires daily discussions with customers at all personnel levels
* Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
* Adaptability to changing demands, priorities, circumstances and directions
* Ability to work independently, but also successful team building skills
* Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
* Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
* Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
* Adheres to local, state and federal laws
* Performs the job safely utilizing proper equipment and safety techniques
* Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor related to the position/department
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
* Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
* Travel up to 20%
* Must maintain current and valid driver's license and valid proof of current insurance
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions. Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
Advantage operates multiple continuity retail teams in addition to a vertical project and surge team. The continuity teams drive incremental sales and brand visibility through effective in-store selling and by executing the fundamentals of merchandising with tablet technology. Meanwhile, our project and surge team members are always ready to respond to special projects and in-store execution needs with minimum lead times.
Role: Retail Sales Merchandiser - Dedicated Retail Team
Apply for this job now.