The Consents & Engagement Area Lead (C&EAL) role is part of an area-based delivery team (at either Euston, Old Oak Common or West Ruislip), and reports directly to the Deputy Project Director for that area and is a key role within the Area Senior Leadership Team. The C&EAL is accountable for ensuring that all Consents, Community and Stakeholder Engagement requirements (including Undertakings & Assurances) for the area are effectively managed and delivered to ensure the needs of the integrated project delivery team, the client and the external stakeholders are met, and the project can be successfully delivered on time and on budget. At a functional level, the C&EAL also reports to the project’s Consents & Engagement Director to ensure that consents and engagement activities are undertaken in accordance with project-wide policies and procedures and support the delivery of the overall project consents and engagement strategies, meeting the client’s requirements
Our Skanska Costain STRABAG joint venture team is working in partnership with HS2 to deliver the new London tunnels from Euston to West Ruislip. Our joint venture team is working on sites at Euston, Old Oak Common and West Ruislip, building tunnels 13 miles long and up to 50m deep, supporting delivery of HS2 phase one.
We are looking for a Consents & Engagement Lead to join our HS2 team onsite in London. You will be responsible for being accountable for ensuring that all Consents, Community and Stakeholder Engagement requirements (including Undertakings & Assurances) for the area are effectively managed and delivered to ensure the needs of the integrated project delivery team, the client and the external stakeholders are met, and the project can be successfully delivered on time and on budget.
- Recruiting, developing and leading engagement resources to meet the ongoing delivery requirements of the area-based team
- Development & implementation of area-focused engagement strategies and delivery plans that are in accordance with the project-wide strategies but deliver the best results for the area delivery team and their stakeholders.
- Lead in the creation and maintenance of strong and productive working relationships with all stakeholders within the assigned area and across the project team
- Supported by the project-wide U&A Compliance Manager, managing the compliance with Undertakings & Assurances across the area delivery team, ensuring the appropriate U&As are effectively identified, assigned, complied with and discharged.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Qualifications:
- Significant experience of delivering engagement activities on complex construction projects and/or major infrastructure delivery
- Proven ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships and effective channels of communication in a pressurised and highly time sensitive environment
- Project management experience Desirable qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
• Experience of delivering projects under an enabling Act of Parliament (such as HS2 or Crossrail) or a major Development Consent Order
- Project management or communications / PR qualification