Position - Batcher
REPORTS TO: QA Supervisor
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To prepare batches by measuring and combining dry ingredients, wet ingredients and bulk ingredients from bulk raw materials in accordance with standard product formulas for daily production requirements.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accurately weigh and measure ingredients per batch formula to meet Production Schedules.
2. Label batches with proper identification.
3. Record lot codes and amounts on batch tickets for proper traceability of ingredients.
4. Notify QA of any ingredient variations or problems.
5. Monitor operation of water treatment systems.
6. Receive bulk ingredients.
7. Keep area clean and organized.
8. Responsible for reporting food safety observations, suspicious behavior and for following all QA food safety, SOPs and GMPs.
1. Must have the ability to read and interpret formulas.
2. Must have basic math skills and ability to calculate requirements per schedule.
3. Basic working knowledge of equipment and machinery.
4. Must be forklift certified.
5. Basic verbal and written skills in English are required.
6. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule per production requirements.
PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Standing: 7+ hours
2. Carrying: (up to 50 lbs) 7+ hours
3. Carrying: (50-75 lbs) 1+ hours
4. Use of both hands: 7+ hours
5. Grasping: both hands (light) 5-6 hours
both hands (firm) 5-6 hours
6. Fine Dexterity: (both hands) 5-6 hours
7. Bending: 5-6 hours
8. Moving in narrow spaces 5-6 hours
9. Walking: 3-4 hours
10. Reaching: 3-4 hours
11. Pushing or Pulling: 3-4 hours
12. Walking up and downstairs 2-3 hours
13. Sitting: 1-2 hours
14. Exposure to hazardous chemicals and microbiological agents.
1. Manufacturing area will be working in an environment with no heating or cooling.
United Beverage, a premier co-packer located in Colton CA, is in search of a dynamic people.
Apply for this job now.