The Service Mechanic is responsible for the diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of customer bicycles; as well as the occasional building of company bicycles. Service Mechanics are responsible for following Bike Barn customer service standards and communicating effectively with customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Service Mechanic is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Consistently demonstrates a friendly, enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Welcomes customers with a smile and greeting.
- Answers phone calls cheerfully and professionally; ensures immediate assistance is given and manages short hold times.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of bicycle mechanics, components, and tools needed to complete repairs.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical issues and complete estimates.
- Conduct repairs including:
- Flat tires and tuning wheels
- Bottom bracket adjustments
- Headset adjustments
- Brake adjustments
- Derailleur Adjustments
- Other repairs
- Complete bike builds as needed.
- Properly and thoroughly complete all service tickets.
- Follow company procedures for ordering special parts, and ringing them through POS.
- Strives to meet all company driven sales goals and objectives.
Compliance to Company Standards
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees and keeps a “team” approach in dealing with fellow employees and customers.
- Contributes to a fun working climate; which helps boost employee morale, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Projects a favorable image of Bike Barn, inside and outside of the store.
- Knows our Company policies and works diligently to follow them, including procedures for loss prevention.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understands and follow oral and written instructions. Communicates clearly.
- Prior mechanic experience, preferably in a bike shop setting.
- Ability to learn and process information through our systems.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to lift product overhead generally weighing up to 35 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, reaching, or sitting.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
Powered by JazzHR