Brenntag is the industry leader in chemical distribution with operations in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and South Africa. Our professional staff of sales, service and technical personnel are dedicated to understanding and satisfying customer needs and creating ways to improve our customers’ competitive position. Brenntag Southwest, Inc. is currently seeking a Transfer Coordinator to join the Dallas-Fort Worth area team.
Summary of Job Purpose and Function
This is an entry-level position whose primary purpose and function will be to arrange the daily transfer of products internally between warehouses. This position will also be responsible for managing the internal and external pricing supports that are processed for products.
Benefit Package Includes:
We consider our employees to be our most valuable asset. Our company offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes:
· 401(k) with a Profit sharing plan
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Prescription drug coverage
· Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
· Paid vacation and company holidays
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
Transfer Coordinator Functions
· Coordinate the daily transfer of products in-between branches to ensure they arrive to hubs
and spokes in a timely manner.
· Organize multiple routes of products and ensure the correct quantity of product is scheduled on transfer trucks between warehouses for customer deliveries.
· Analyze and review shipping logs from each branch daily to determine what products are cross docks and arrange additional movement to warehouses.
· Track cross-dock orders in excel and distribute the list to internal departments to ensure communication.
· Work closely with Operations and Product Coordinators. Superior communication between departments is imperative to make sure that product arrives in a timely manner when transferring between branches.
· Use the Brenntag Unified System (BUS) to move product from on and off transfer trucks as needed.
· Communicate with third party carriers when additional trucks are needed to move product.
Pricing Support Functions
· Manage the internal and external pricing supports that are processed for products.
· Enter internal and external supports into the Brenntag Unified System (BUS).
· Distribute appropriate communication to the commercial team advising the internal/external pricing supports.
· Run a daily edit report through the BUS to determine if any supports need to be updated.
· Address any negative margin order that is due to a price support issue.
· Communicate with Purchasing and the vendors to ensure Brenntag has the correct and current price support list for each product list.
· Model and promote organizational values and behaviors, including our Brenntag Core Values.
· Other job duties as assigned.
Hiring Qualifications and Competencies:
· Ability to multi-task – Manages multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration.
· Communication skills – Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms. Demonstrates exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Organizational ability – Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
· Problem solving skills – Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Decisive in handling difficult problems. Translates problems into practical solutions and is capable of understanding relationships and dependencies within different metrics and behaviors.
· Client service skills – Consistently ensures the client is provided with attentive, courteous and informative service. Gains and shows personal satisfaction from delivering great service.
· Intellectual ability – Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Ability to learn on the fly.
· Mathematical ability – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to convert units of measurement and conduct business analytics.
· Computer skills – Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Capable of quickly researching, extracting data and presenting insightful and actionable information to leadership.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
· High School Degree or Equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Distribution/Supply Chain or equivalent experience in the Wholesale/Distribution/Chemical Industry strongly preferred.
Brenntag is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Brenntag is the global market leader in chemical distribution. The German based international company manages complex supply chains for both chemical manufacturers and consumers by simplifying market access to thousands of products and services. It combines a global network with outstanding local execution. Therefore, Brenntag is the industry’s most effective and preferred channel to the market for partners – really living its philosophy: “ConnectingChemistry”.
Brenntag operates a global network with more than 530 locations in 74 countries. With its global workforce of more than 15,000 employees, the company generated sales of EUR 11.7 billion (USD 13.3 billion) in 2017.
For Brenntag, the business goes far beyond the sheer distribution of chemicals. Brenntag...
connects chemical manufacturers and chemical users in a value-adding partnership
supports its customers and suppliers with tailor-made distribution solutions for industrial and specialty chemicals
offers a full-line portfolio with over 10,000 products and a world-class supplier base
serves as one-stop-shop to around 185,000 customers active in diverse end-market industries such as coatings, food, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, personal care and water treatment
has long-standing experience in the individual countries and local excellence through its sales and marketing organization of more than 5,000 experts
offers specific application technology, extensive technical support and value-added services (i.e. just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging, inventory management and drum return handling)
manages the business regionally, holding leading market positions across Europe, North America and Latin America and continuously expanding its presence in the Asia Pacific region
sets safety standards within the industry and operates in line with the “safety first” principle globally
strives to contribute towards greater sustainability in all the industries and application it serves
The company is led by an experienced Board of Management combining decades of expertise in the chemical distribution and manufacturing sector. Since March 29, 2010, Brenntag AG (WKN A1DAHH) is listed at the German Stock Exchange in the Prime Standard Segment, since June 21, 2010 as a member of the MDAX index.
Role: Transfer Coordinator
Apply for this job now.