This role is an exciting, newly created, Finance Operations Manager position for a rapidly growing business in East Sussex. Ignata Finance are delighted to be exclusively engaged to recruit an individual who can support the business through significant growth over the coming years. A key element of the role is to improve and professionalise the finance function so that it can better support the business.
The expectations from the finance team have increased significantly due to the recent growth and whilst some good progress has been made in developing the function, there is still much to do, particularly around enabling profit growth, ensuring timely and accurate reporting and balance sheet controls. The business needs to develop its group accounting and reporting capability alongside integrating the acquired businesses. Supporting the Finance Director in leading the team and building an effective and cohesive function is key.
Daily oversight to ensure the Finance Operations teams meet objectives that are set by the Financial Operations Controller, to contribute to the wider Finance Department strategy, and ultimately, supporting the development of high-quality services.
- Manage and support the teams within Finance Operations, ensuring that they are coached, trained and appropriately resourced to fulfil their responsibilities
- Implement new processes and controls where needed and use continuous improvement to drive change.
- Manage and coordinate the operational daily duties of the team ensuring the deliverables of best practice and compliance are met and aligned with GDPR, Anti-Money Laundering and PCI DSS.
- Daily oversight to ensure the Finance Operations teams meet objectives that are set by the Financial Operations Controller, to contribute to the wider Finance Department strategy, and ultimately, supporting the development of high-quality services
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning
- Producing long-term business plans
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure
- Managing budgets
- Developing and managing financial systems/models
- Carrying out business modelling and risk assessments
This is a position of responsibility requiring an intelligent manager who can operate without supervision and on your own initiative.
You must have a robust approach to relationships, and a positive team spirit is essential.
It is essential that the job holder is available and happy to work flexible hours when needed. It is anticipated that the longer hours will be primarily at a month end to ensure the completion of month end procedures.