Purpose of Your Job Position
The purpose of your job will be responsible for ensuring that the nursing facility will achieve strategic market penetration with area hospitals, health systems and payors with the support and direction of the Administrator.
The position is responsible for operating in accordance with established AristaCare policies and procedures, applicable federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Generating a referral base by building relationships with physicians, hospital/health systems, independent and assisted living facilities and other community resources.
- Conduct market analysis; develop sales strategy, goals and plans.
- Provides continued education on customer service, tour readiness and A team development at facility level.
- Conducting sales calls, and evaluating results and effectiveness of sales activity.
- Support business development activities and help establish strong relationships with new and existing referral sources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Outgoing, enthusiastic personality.
- Sufficient interpersonal skills and maturity to communicate effectively with professional staff, direct care staff, physicians, consultants, residents, visitors and others in person and on the telephone
- Working knowledge of facility policies and procedures and ability to apply knowledge to job tasks
- Ability to establish appropriate priorities for receiving, recording, relaying and acting on information and to maintain organization of all clinical and administrative records
- Carries out duties in accord with the facility mission and philosophy
- Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for the rights, dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions
- Maintains confidentiality of resident and facility information.
- Knowledge of emergency and disaster procedures of facility
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and responds to needs of residents by complying with facility policies in attendance and punctuality and dress code. Able to arrive and to begin work on time and to report for duty as scheduled on all shifts, weekends and holidays
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and complete duties/projects within allotted time
- Shows evidence of strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to respond to change productively and to handle additional tasks/projects as assigned
- Develops and consistently evaluates the marketing plan for ongoing adjustments
- Remains current with branding and marketing
- Works to provide new opportunities in the field
- Positively promotes the facility public relations
- Utilizes all resources in a cost-effective manner
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of Long Term care practices and procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Managed Care, Medicare Advantage and Traditional Medicare guidelines for participation and coverage
- Ability to lead a team and track and trend outcomes
- Ability to coach and effectively hold people accountable
- Strong patient advocate
- Good analytical abilities coupled with demonstrated excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to adapt to any situation and/or any individual style or personality
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Ability to multitask while remaining calm
- Ability to communicate effectively/assertively while remaining calm
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to defuse difficult situations
- Working knowledge and ability to comply with facility policies and procedures for workplace safety including infection control procedures, application of universal precautions for blood borne pathogens, use of personal protective equipment and handling of hazardous materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Nursing license preferred
- One year experience providing direct care to residents in long term care setting preferred.
- 3 Years Healthcare business development experience
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must have advanced training in hospital or long-term care administration.
- Must be knowledgeable of reimbursement regulations and nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to long-term care administration.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be familiar with the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing personnel administration.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents, staff, and visitors based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Must be able to maintain good personnel relations and employee morale.
- Must be able to read and interpret financial records, reports, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
(With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include a medical and physical examination
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, lift and carry.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
Regulatory Compliance - QAPI
- Knowledgeable in data collection, data analysis methodology, and performance improvement methods needed to support and lead performance improvement projects
- Collaborate with the quality committee and senior leaders to prioritize and develop QAPI efforts
- Lead performance improvement projects and provide education and coaching in order to build needed skills in others to lead PIPs
- Participate in multidisciplinary QAPI activities
- Knowledge of current Performance Improvement Initiative
Role: External Liasion
Apply for this job now.