Quality Assurance Manager - Training Services United Kingdom Summary of Role
Raytheon UK is looking for a dynamic and high performing Quality Assurance Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Quality Aspects of a major Naval Training programme and for raising awareness of Quality and Mission Assurance across the business, facilitating a culture of learning and improvement in order to drive process and systemic improvement.
This is a complex role that will be highly rewarding and high profile, with extensive communication and interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders, demanding excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of energy and stamina. The right candidate will be experienced in supervising and managing a Quality Engineering team and facilitating the identification and implementation / flow-down of required Customer, Company & Regulatory requirements. The work will require travel to vendors, customers and Raytheon sites, both within the UK and abroad. Role Profile:
Working alongside highly skilled colleagues to assure the business develops, delivers and maintains products and services that meet or exceed our customer requirements. Duties will also include:
- Providing assurance through audit and review
- Championing continuous improvement and develop your coaching and facilitating skills through the use of six sigma techniques to help teams deliver timely business and process improvements and address root causes
- Working with customers, suppliers and subcontractors in a collaborative way to build lasting relationships
- Taking on responsibility to assure compliance with contractual, regulatory and other sector specific requirements
- Interfacing and communication with programme, functional and leadership to support the goals of the business
- Full people management and development responsibility for programme Quality Engineering team
- Developing and driving the Program Quality objectives and strategy. Anticipating future risks and developing innovative mitigations
- Supporting external agency, accreditation body & customer audits
We are looking for people who can quickly gain the trust and respect of their colleagues, suppliers and customers. To be considered you will need to possess the following:
About Raytheon UK:
- Experience within a Training and/or Quality Engineering organisation
- Basic understanding of configuration and data control processes and procedures
- Experienced Internal Auditor or training to ISO9001/AS9100
- Degree or equivalent qualification in engineering, quality or business management
- High attention to detail and capable of delivering to agreed timescales
- Enjoy coaching/facilitating to get the best out of teams and individuals
- Team orientated, but able to work under own initiative and take the lead when required
- Enjoy problem solving, and have good analytical skills
- Excellent at developing and managing relationships and helping others and teams succeed, ideally within a ISO44001 framework
- Current holder of or eligibility to obtain SC level MoD security clearance
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies:
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement
- or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant 'Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Role: We’re building a sustainable future.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Harlow, England, England
Apply for this job now.