Principal Bridge/Civil Structures Engineer
A small bridges/civil structures team, as part of a medium sized and well regarded multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, are seeking to appoint a Principal Bridge Engineer to complement the existing team. If you are a senior Senior then please do indicate your interest. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the design of new bridges and structures, as well as the inspection, assessment and remedial of existing bridges within both the rail and highway environment.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be expected to use your skills and knowledge to take a lead on projects whilst providing mentorship and support to other members of the team and well as line management responsibilities.
You would be involved in;
- Inspection and assessment of bridges, retaining walls and other civil structures;
- Undertaking concept design, feasibility studies and preliminary design;
- Design delivery of new structures or strengthening schemes;
- Coordinating and ensuring the production of specification and drawings;
- Producing technical reports.
What do we need?
- You will have a relevant HNC or will ideally be degree qualified and Chartered or nearing Chartership with relevant institution.
- With a minimum of six years' experience, you will have experience of inspection, assessment and design of various structures;
- You will further have experience of Eurocodes, DMRB and Network Rail Standards as well as structural analysis software such as Midas, Superstress and LUSAS;
- You will be extremely competent in delivering projects to time and budget and be an effective communicator in a client-facing role.
25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
Plus lots more
If interested, please apply to this advert.