Director of Engineering
Overall Scope and Responsibility:
Responsible for the integrity of all physical facilities and all common areas, including proper operation, maintenance, life safety, fire prevention and physical security of the building, grounds, FF&E and Mechanical plant.
To liaise with the Condo Master Association when required.
- Maintain the building and plant property efficiently by following the guidelines in the Technical Maintenance Manual.
- Continually monitor the energy and consumption and implement measures resulting in savings in energy costs.
- Monitor utility bills to ensure charges are correct.
- Make regular inspections of the inside and outside of the property with the Managing Director/Resident Manager in order to identify problem areas and plan for their improvement.
- Work with the Managing Director /Director of Finance to produce CEA’s for the improvement of the Hotel.
- Ensure that all water systems are treated in order to prevent corrosion throughout the systems and to maintain safe bacterial levels according to the BHR Technical Manual and local authority requirements.
- Ensure that all firefighting equipment is in good working order to prevent corrosion throughout the system and to maintain safe bacterial levels according to the BHR Technical Manual and local authority requirements.
- Ensure all electrical equipment is in safe working order in line with current regulations. Also check that the pressure vessels and lifts are surveyed in a regular basis by BHR insurers.
- Closely formulate and control the operational and capital expenditure budgets for the department.
- Maintain the files and records that are necessary to manage the department efficiently.
- Make sure purchasing procedures meet Hotel standards.
- Work with the HR and Training Manager to ensure the Departmental training and procedures are consistent with Hotel standards.
- Lead staff by example and maintain good employee relations.
- Use the most cost-effective form of labor to maintain the property.
- Read relevant publications to keep up to date in the Engineering field.
- Implement and maintain all standards and procedures for the Engineering Department.
- Ensure efficient control of utilities, water and sewage quality control.
- Implement and ensure an effective preventive maintenance.
- Create, establish and control maintenance planning shekels.
- Proper appearance and housekeeping of all boiler and equipment rooms.
- Maintain complete files of manufacturers data, specifications, manuals, ETC, on machinery and equipment. Maintain drawings on file of architectural, mechanical, electric and as built drawings.
- Investigate and recommend sources when local purchasing of contract services, equipment and parts and supplies are required.
- Prepare monthly reports as and when required for Managing Director and Head Office as and when required.
- Act as hotel coordinator and liaison with outside contractors in connection with major rehabilitation projects or additions.
- Work with the HR and security Departments to achieve the implementation of all O.S.H.A. laws and requirements.
- Attend seminars and technical meetings as needed.
- Keep updated on all new materials, equipment and measures.
- Sprinkler standpipe certification.
- Extensive experience in electrical, carpentry and plumbing.
- Experience with broad chillers a strong requirement.
- Certified Pool Operator certification a plus.
- Familiar with all Fire Safety Codes and Requirements in Florida
1. To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
2. To always work to the best of your ability
3. To be financially aware and aim to strive for a successful profitable business.
4. To report for duty punctually following the correct clock in procedures.
5. To be groomed and dressed as stipulated in the staff handbook including wearing the correct clean uniform at all times.
6. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
7. To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with all staff.
8. To be fully aware and cooperate with all the security policies.
9. To handle guest and employee inquiries to the best of your ability in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors or manager on duty at all times
10. To provide and maintain the highest possibly service standards to our clientele at all times
11. To use your knowledge to the best of your ability with regard to legal matters
12. To never be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when on duty.
13. To be familiar with the emergency procedures of the hotel
14. Never to communicate to any members of the press with regard to Think Hospitality its clientele and the owners of the hotel.
15. Not to carry any weapons on property.
Role: Director of Engineering
Location: Miami Beach,
Apply for this job now.