Avitide provides a platform technology to rapidly discover and develop high-performance affinity purification solutions for the biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing industry. Avitide is seeking a qualified candidate to build upon their motivated and highly integrated, interdisciplinary team to pursue the rapid development of novel affinity separation solutions for our biopharmaceutical partners. The Avitide technology enables its partners with exclusive, high-yield, high purity affinity separation technologies that are delivered with an industry-leading service timeline to reduce cost of manufacturing and accelerate the delivery of new medicines to patients.
Avitide's founding team brings substantial expertise and a track record of success in commercializing innovative biopharmaceutical discovery and manufacturing platform technologies. Avitide is financed by top-tier venture capital firms such as Polaris Venture Partners, OrbiMed Advisors, SV Life Sciences, NeoMed Management, Mithril Capital Management and Borealis Ventures.
Avitide is located in New Hampshire's beautiful Upper Connecticut River Valley and is minutes from Dartmouth College and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. The surrounding New Hampshire and Vermont areas are renowned for its premier outdoor activities including skiing, hiking, kayaking, and biking as well as a high quality of life. Avitide offers individually tailored compensation packages. Besides a competitive salary, all employees participate in the annual bonus and Employee Stock Option plans. Avitide offers a wide array of generous benefit packages and most employees pay no health insurance premiums.
About This Position
A successful candidate will join Avitide to lead and manage affinity resin development programs conducted for our biopharma partners. You will leverage your current experience of process development for the scouting, optimization and delivery of novel affinity purification resins. A key responsibility will be presenting to and interfacing with our biopharma partners to facilitate adoption of the technology. Avitide seeks candidates who are highly self-motivated and can work in a collaborative fashion with other interdisciplinary team members in a fast-paced company that is transforming downstream bioprocessing.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering or biological sciences, biochemistry, or bio-chemical engineering degree (BS/MS/PhD)
- Experience in purifying proteins and other biologicals
- Experience in optimizing purification processes, particularly automated/high-throughput chromatographic screening using DOE methodologies
- Experience within bioprocessing manufacturers and CMOs will be highly regarded
- Familiarity with analytical technologies for protein quality control or release assays
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Join scientific teams to execute scientific and development activities within timelines
- Purification method development and optimization using high throughput chromatographic screening
- Experience with many biopharmaceutical modalities such as vaccines, virus like particles, gene therapies as well as proteins and enzymes
- Avitide integrates analytical support within purification development and hence experience with relevant assays (product purity impurity analysis, product release assays, stability assays) is advantageous
- Knowledge and exposure to a wide range of scientific fields, i.e. a broad scientist, is a plus
- Confident presentation skills
Avitide Cultural Qualities
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation
- Actively contribute to our collaborative team culture
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively under broad directives
- Agile and quick to adapt
- Excellent and timely communication skills
Powered by JazzHR