HGV Technician - HGV Mechanic - Truck Mechanic - HGV Fitter - HGV Technicians are required by a number of major HGV, Truck and Bus manufacturers to work in a major workshop.
Carry out general Maintenance repair and MOT work on all HGV trailers and HGV vehicles ensuring that all equipment inc generators / distribution is maintained to the highest standards at all times.
ROLE: HGV Technician
SHIFTS: Rotating shifts Monday to Friday 6am to 3pm and 12pm to 9pm, or shifts to suit you
BASIC SALARY: £35k to £50k. £16 to £20 per hour plus overtime and bonus
- Work within the HGV Technicians team to maintain all company equipment
- Maintain all equipment to the highest standard
- Carryout all repairs to the highest standards
- Advise to the supervisor of any improvements to enhance reliability and reduce costs
- To undertake service and repair work on all types of vehicles in a safe and economical manner achieving the highest possible standards of workmanship;
- To accurately and skilfully undertake the repair of vehicles, whilst detecting and diagnosing any additional faults, ensuring that all work is completed safely and to customers complete satisfaction;
- To work effectively within the Workshop team to ensure industry-leading standards of customer care and satisfaction at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable task which may arise from time to time and bring to the attention of the Maintenance Supervisor any matter which could be detrimental to the well being of the company.
- To service, adjust and repair all types of vehicles and equipment, components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided;
- To diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. Including road testing where deemed necessary, driving in a manner within the parameters of the law;
- To carry out ‘On Site Inspections’ when required
- To undertake MOT Testing
- To observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure and wear as set out VOSA tester’s manuals. Identification of any additional defects found while carrying out instructed repair/s must be brought to the Team Leader and/or Workshop Controller‘s attention within a timely manner;
- To order from the parts function all necessary replacement parts, once authorised, ensuring that no parts are fitted to vehicles other than those required to complete the work ensuring that all consumables are recorded on job cards;
QualificationsCity and Guilds National Certificate, NVQ level 3 nice to have or equivalent technical qualification
HGV Class 1 or 2 minimum licence - nice to have,
Role: HGV Technician - HGV Mechanic
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire, Hampshire
Apply for this job now.