Due to a change in their support department, there is an exciting opportunity for a skilled practitioner to reduce the risk of exclusion at our partner secondary school.
Highlights of role;
- Working one-to-one with students who have been identified as high risk of being excluded
- Providing intervention and support strategies to individuals as well small groups
- Working along side pastoral teams in school along with external agencies to promote positive behaviour
- Full time position based in school (32.5 hours per week)
- Manchester based secondary school, situated in Blackley area
This position would be ideal for applicants who hold similar experience in a school setting or those who come from a background in Youth and Community work including outreach programmes. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly build rapport and gain the trust of students as well as being a clear and effective communicator. The role will come with its challenges and the successful behaviour support mentor will need to have a calm and approachable manner.
The school is situated in North Manchester, with good accessibility from the city centre via road and public transport with a number of bus routes and a nearby train station. The school moved to a purpose built site recently and has excellent provisions for learning throughout.
If you would like to be taken into consideration for this post, or to discuss other similar roles then please apply with a CV below or get in touch via the details provided.