Company: RULE13 LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £10.00 - £11.00 per hour
We are a company who manufacture and create new FMCG consumer brands. The business is going through a time of growth and diversifying into multiple sectors. The business is fast-paced and adaptable. This is an excellent time for the right candidate to get onboard. We pride ourselves on an inclusive, dynamic culture where we are committed to investing in and developing our people.
To rewrite the rulebook. See opportunities and make them a reality. Never stand still. Create innovative brands. Treat sustainability as a must-have, not a nice-to-have. Make you one of us.
To challenge the juggernauts of the world through unparalleled agility, distinctive ideas, cutting-edge products and without compromising the environment. In the battle of the brands, we will win.
About the role
Reporting to the Production Team Leaders and Lab Supervisor. The Machine Operators sit at the heart of the business and are integral members of the Production team. As a machine operator you will be responsible for setting up, maintenance and operation of key machinery, and ensuring continuous and efficient running of the production line. Production Machine Operators will be accountable for upholding and promoting the highest levels of product quality and health and safety standards within their area of responsibility and will have responsibility over supervision of an Assistant working with them on the machinery.
A great production machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. They should have a willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Safely and efficiently set up and shut down variety of machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start, change and end the production cycle. Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area at all times.
- Responsible for controlling and adjusting machine settings (e.g. speed) to ensure smooth and efficient running of the production lines.
- Work collaboratively with the production team to ensure production targets are consistently met, raising any concerns or suggestions with area team leader.
- Accountability for ensuring product specification is followed at all times, and highest level of accuracy is maintained during production (i.e. correct fill levels for all products, the right chemicals are used etc.)
- Responsibility for monitoring quality, checking output to spot any machine related mistakes or flaws and raising any concerns to area team leader immediately.
- Responsible for maintaining and promoting the highest level of health and safety standards, ensuring correct health and safety procedures are followed at all times and flagging any concerns immediately.
- Undertake supervision, and if necessary, training of Lab and Manufacturing Assistant allocated to your area of responsibility, ensuring the correct process is followed and health and safety standards are maintained.
- Working in a clean room environment, you will be required to wear full PPE at all times and maintain the highest levels of hygiene standards.
- Maintain accurate activity logs.
- Complete any other reasonable ad-hoc tasks as requested by the management.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience of working as machine operator, or similar relevant mechanical/production experience (essential)
- Strong team player with strong team ethic - willing to pitch in to get the job finished
- Excellent attention to detail - with a strong eye for quality control
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work accurately under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Conscientious and accountable
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Previous experience of working within food or cosmetic manufacturing environment is highly desirable
What we offer?
At Rule13 we are committed to supporting and developing our workforce - our staff are the power and personality that make our brand, and the driving force that allows us to succeed. If you join Rule13 you can expect a supportive and welcoming environment, and an excellent opportunity to learn and develop new skills. We also offer:
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holiday)
- Nest Pension scheme
- Staff discount on products
- Carbon offsetting of your travel to and from work by planting trees through our sustainability partner, Ecologi
- Onsite PlayStation
- Employee Assistance Programme