Voted one of the best places to work by the Health Service Journal (HSJ), Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (HCT) is one of a new generation of NHS community Trust's working across Hertfordshire.
We provide a range of health services for adults and children who live across Hertfordshire.
Our services are vast and range from school nursing and health visiting for children and young people, to district nurses, diabetes services, rehabilitation in community hospitals, as well as other specialist services for adults and children.
Our Trust provides a wide range of care in people's homes, children's centres, local health centres and in its community hospitals. We employ around 3,000 members of staff who are at the forefront of NHS care and support.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and encourage applications from candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. We support staff to achieve a better work-life balance through a variety of flexible working arrangements. All applicants who have a disability and meet the minimum 'essential' criteria for the post as detailed in the person specification will be interviewed.
We are committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our Trust Values underpin the work we do each day, and we welcome applicants who share the same values.We seek a Public Health Nurse (Health Visitor) to join the Hertfordshire Family Centre Service based in the East District team at Hertford County Hospital.
You will be part of a friendly and supportive integrated team delivering a locally driven needs led service, ensuring children and their families are at the heart of service delivery in the East Hertfordshire district.
The successful candidate will:
- will be part of a skill mixed team delivering the five mandated universal core contacts and identifying families who need a targeted universal plus or universal partnership plus service offer, including safeguarding
- will work in partnership with the Family Support Service staff to identify local needs, ensuring children and their families can access the same level of support
- will be offered a wide range of training opportunities including the Newborn Observation training for 0-5's
- will have access to regular restorative and safeguarding supervision sessions to support your practice
- will have experience in using electronic records and be able to be a mobile worker. Be able to work full time.
- Have a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
In return, we can offer you:
- In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts a High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of basic salary subject to a minimum payment of £1,017 and a maximum payment of £1,762 per annum (pro rata where applicable).
- Generous contributory pension
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- Special Leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Discounts
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust is voted as one of the 'Top 100 Best Places to Work' and is a young dynamic and forward thinking organisation. Our CQC rating is of 'Good'
We strongly encourage you to visit us for an informal visit to meet the team and find out more about the service we provide. We look forward to hearing from you.
Interview date - end of July/early August
For further details / informal visits contact:
East District Public Health Nurse Team Leader:
Mob: [... Click Apply...]e-mail: [... Click Apply...]