Purchasing and Materials Manager
Salary up to 110K + bonus potential
Do you have experience leading a staff of materials professionals?
Do you have a strong background in sourcing and negotiation?
Do you have plant manufacturing experience?
Would you like to continue to be hands on in your position?
This position could be for you!
Manufacturer is seeking a Purchasing and Materials Manager to lead the plant materials staff. The Purchasing and Materials Manager will report to the COO and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Oversee, supervise, train and lead the plant materials staff
- Develop and execute a global purchasing and materials strategy
- Create, execute and review KPIs and measureables related to the materials department
- Develop forecasts based on previous years and sales projections
- Ensure that there is material on hand for production
- Monitor, audit, reconcile and ensure inventory accuracy
- Source and negotiate new vendors
- Oversee the transportation and logistics functions of the company
- Strategically position the company for future procurement advantages
- Other tasks as assigned by plant management
Candidates must be able to communicate directly and effectively at all levels, be self-motivated, take initiative on projects, have excellent project management skills and enjoy being hands on as needed. THIS POSITION DOES REQUIRE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL, at least one trip annually. This position is eligible for BONUS, 401K, profit sharing, medical benefits, tuition reimbursement, vacation, paid holidays and other employee advantages.
REQUIREMENTS for the Purchasing and Materials Manager:
1. A bachelor’s degree is highly preferred
2. At least five years in a similar materials or purchasing management role
3. Experience working in manufacturing facilities
4. Experience supervising at least 2-3 materials professionals
5. Experience working with ERP and/or MRP systems
6. Experience sourcing and negotiating cost with new vendors
7. A strong background in material forecasting and inventory control
8. Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including VLOOKUP experience
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Job shop experience
2. International transportation and logistics
3. Budget experience
4. Microsoft Access
Why work for this organization:
1. The company has experienced extensive growth over the last 5 years
2. The opportunity for 401K, profit sharing and bonus potential
3. Opportunity for advancement
4. Employee perks, past benefits
Candidates need to be local to the Tiffin, Ohio area. There is not a relocation package at this time.
MJ Recruiters specializes in technical and professional manufacturing recruitment. We partner with automotive and non-automotive clients to supply candidates and fill positions at all levels. Our specialty is recruiting candidates at the management level of these disciplines. We are focused regionally and have the capability to recruit nationwide for our clients. We develop clients into long term partners by understanding their culture and goals.
Whether you are a candidate or a client, a business partner or a networking source, our goal is to "raise the bar" when it comes to your impression of a professional recruitment partner. Through communication, honesty, and follow through, our goal is TO RAISE THE BAR!
Role: Purchasing and Materials Manager
Apply for this job now.