Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County
Grants and Administration Director
Reports to: President & CEO
Grants and Administration Director for a progressive and visible $7 million Habitat for Humanity Affiliate. The position is focused on identifying, defining and developing funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing and submission of grant proposals to third party entities. The position also works closely with the President and CEO on a variety of projects and tasks, including coordinating all Affiliate Board of Director meetings, committees and activities and serving as liaison with numerous community leaders and donors. Member of Affiliate’s Leadership Team.
· Must be goal driven, results oriented and committed to the organization’s effort to increase its overall impact including homebuilding capacity, Neighborhood Revitalization, volunteer utilization and community partnerships.
· Must develop strong understanding of the mission, history, value and goals of our organization and be able to communicate this information to diverse groups of donors, volunteers and other constituents.
· Must demonstrate outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. The ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals is critical. Editing skills necessary.
· Ability to synthesize diverse information, collect and research data and use intuition and experience to complement data.
· Ability to construct budgets and apply basic mathematics concepts.
· Ability to manage rejection and overcome common proposal objections.
· Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with team members and volunteers.
· Must be detail oriented, able to quickly change priorities, adaptable, organized, able to manage ongoing deadlines and have demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
· Ability to take initiative and make effective recommendations to staff and board.
· Responsible for conducting the full range of activities to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate, government and individual sources.
· Perform prospect research on foundations, government and corporate sources to evaluate feasibility as a potential funder. Sourcing may involve cold-calling, contact development and business relationship management.
· Work with applicable staff members to determine the feasibility of applying for various grants to ensure the grant is both a fit for the organization and that compliance components can be met.
· Comply with all grant reporting and compliance requirements to meet both the needs of the funder and internal conditions.
· Work with Finance, Development and other staff and/or departments to gather information necessary to report to funders on grant programs.
· Maintain current records in data base and paper files where necessary, including grant tracking and reporting. Maintain annual calendar of grant activity and deadlines.
· Track relevant statistics and provide written materials necessary for donor stewardship.
· Maintain robust relationships and regular communication lines with all funders and potential funders in order to ensure strong donor stewardship.
· Work closely with community, government and other potential partnerships.
· Acts as key liaison with Habitat for Humanity International and key personnel.
· Acts as primary liaison with State of Florida, Florida Habitat for Humanity’s State Support Organization and funders for timely and accurate submission of all paperwork and related follow up for the Florida tax credit funding program (CCTCP).
· When necessary, work with outside grant writers/consultants and serve as the primary Affiliate liaison with those relationships.
· Working closely with the President /CEO, serve as direct liaison with the Affiliate’s Board of Directors, which includes coordinating all meetings and committees, attending all board and committee meetings and taking minutes for approval by the CEO and Board Secretary.
· Work closely with CEO on various projects related to the overall strategy and administration of the Affiliate.
· Work closely with the President/CEO’s various community, donor, government, business and nonprofit constituents.
· Participates in and sometimes leads various other projects that tie directly into the Affiliate’s mission.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in communications and/or nonprofit or a related field.
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and database applications, specifically Giveffect.
· Minimum of 2 years grant writing experience.
· A desire to learn about and immerse in Habitat for Humanity’s mission, which includes representing Habitat for Humanity at events and other contexts as needed.
· Knowledge or ability to quickly acquire knowledge of the multiple local, state and federal housing funding programs.
Salary and Benefits:
· Full time, exempt position with salary to be determined based upon experience.
· Position will require some evenings and weekends.
· Health insurance benefits after 60 days of employment with generous employer contribution.
· Retirement plan with employer match component.
· Generous holiday, vacation and sick day policy.
· No provisions for relocation.
Role: Grants and Administration Director
Location: Delray Beach,
Apply for this job now.