COMPANY SUMMARY: Sterling Lumber is a leading manufacturer and service provider of ground protection systems to the Global Energy Infrastructure Marketplace. Sterling Lumber was named to Crain’s Chicago Business Magazine’s “Fast Fifty” as one of Chicago’s fastest-growing companies consecutively in 2014 and 2015. Our CLT technology had rapidly changed the industry and markets that we serve.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to own and lead the development and successful deployment of RFID’s software and hardware based asset management.
- Create and identify project plans including resource needs and timing for both materials and people
- Project timelines and milestones
- Order and track delivery of hardware requirements specific to the project
- Issue reports on project status, schedules, and roadblocks
- Define and maintain repeatable, clearly documented processes for all customer and internal project work as assigned.
- Train Sterling team on the deployed software applications and systems
- Proactively suggest feature enhancement requirements
- Participate in requirements and design reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field preferred or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years’ experience managing the deployment of hardware and software solutions
- Hands on technical background required
- Experience developing industrial applications to support hardware - GPS, Barcode, WIFI, Bluetooth, or RFID systems.
- Knowledgeable in project management and solution development methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- PMP certification helpful
- Database/SQL and networking experience helpful
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in the project management of interfacing RFID or RF/Barcode/WIFI/GPS/Bluetooth systems with internal or web-based applications.
· Industry background in RFID or Bluetooth, RF, WIFI, Barcoding, GPS technology preferred.
· Track record of leading innovative solutions to pressing market pain points
· Experience with installation of RFID/GPS/Bluetooth, RF, Barcode systems and interfacing system for tracking.
· Experience with training teams with RFID/GPS/Barcode/RF systems, tracking and application usage.
· Understanding how to meet deadlines within time/budget and interface with C-level management to determine scope of project.
Family run for nearly 70 years, Sterling supports the construction of our nation’s energy infrastructure with turnkey site access solutions and breakthrough innovation. Based just outside of Chicago with a 60 acre campus including 500,000 sq ft of manufacturing space, Sterling was named Crain’s Chicago Business Magazine’s Fast Fifty, Chicago’s fastest growing companies in 2014 and 2015. As America’s largest CLT mat manufacturer, Sterling’ has engineered the TerraLam® mat to save customers’ time and money by being lighter, faster and longer lasting than traditional mats. Sterling also offers complete site access solutions services through Midwest Access Solutions, Sterling Access Solutions and Sterling Pipeline Solutions. Sterling is committed to developing our employees, providing best in class customer service and being responsible stewards of the environment.
Role: Applications Project Manager
Apply for this job now.