- Do you want a new and exciting work environment?
- Are you patient and caring?
- Can you rise to the challenge when required?
Teaching Personnel are recruiting for a Behaviour Support Assistant for a school in Wokingham. The school caters for students with autism and Social Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). It is a setting where students will come temporarily with the hope that they will return to mainstream school or indeed where they can see out there education until leaving school. The school is currently is a small school of around 50 students but is likely to expand to up to 70 students within the next year.
"Leaders are highly knowledgeable about, and strong advocates for, the pupils in their care. As a result, pupils' personal development and welfare are good" - The school is rated Good by Ofsted and continues to find innovative and creative ways to improve the experience and broaden the horizons of it's pupils.
The ideal candidate for this role would be:
- A calm and patient practitioner
- Professional or personal experience working with children and/or adults with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Dedicated and committed to making a real change in young people's lives
- Have some experience working with children in a school setting or similar
Your role at the school would be to assist the class teacher and possibly support other TA's in the room throughout the school day. Your main duties will include helping pupils with their work, assistance in group work activities, providing an alternative environment for the pupils to work to promote the pupils progress and help them reach their full potential.
What we expect from you:
- A Child only DBS on the Update Service or a willingness to get one
- Willingness to work between 08:30-15:30
What you can expect from Teaching Personnel:
- A dedicated consultant to discuss current or future roles with you
- An extensively discounted CPD programme including some FREE courses
- Payment in house, meaning no fees from Umbrella companies
- GBP10 an hour
- A successful and interesting working environment
If you feel this would be the role for you or you would be interested in a similar role, then please apply today!