COMPANY: APEX SYSTEMS, INC
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Job Description Job #:
has exciting Direct Hireopportunitiesfor Lab Technicians
in theGreater Boston area.
These positions are at a globally recognized Pharmaceutical manufacturer with great benefits andpotential for growth! JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY OF POSITION
Assists in the production of Regulatory Starting Materials, Intermediates, and/or Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). Collaborate on assignments that are moderately complex in nature. Scientific judgment is required in resolving problems and makes routine recommendations to experienced team members. Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. Leads and mentors temporary laboratory technicians in areas such as safety, quality, and technical execution. Deliver projects on target with quantity, quality, time, and within budget. Principal Accountabilities:
- Follows all safety procedures and practices. Maintains a safe work environment.
- Performs on laboratory equipment according to provided instructions/batch records.
- Maintains complete documentation for experiments performed, follows SOPs, and batch records.
- Implements detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results.
- Sets-up, maintains, and cleans laboratories reactors, glassware, and equipment.
- May write experimental reports.
- Performs a wide variety of development and/or production laboratory tasks and experiments.
- Performs limited analysis such as but not limited to KF, TLC, LOE, NMR, and HPLC.
- Mentors and advises temporary laboratory technicians and provides feedback to group members to help accomplish project objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Demonstrates technical proficiency and self-assuredness in applying cGMP standards.
- Applies cGMP concepts in association with department specific responsibilities.
- Ensures all documentation produced is in compliance with cGMP standards.
- Responsible for contributing to audit readiness and for participating in quality audits with FDA, other Regulatory Agencies, and customers, as needed.
- Ensures work is in compliance with all state and federal regulations, including but not limited to GMP, DEA, FDA, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job it is required to stand, walk, and use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands or arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch when necessary for job activity.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include: near, distance, peripheral, color perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly works new moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, odors, heat, cold, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
Recent Bachelor of Science graduates are preferred.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma with 2-4 years' experience in a laboratory environment.
- AA in chemistry or equivalent with 0-2 years' experience in a laboratory environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret English-language chemical periodicals, scientific journals, and regulatory documents.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to direct and receive written and verbal instructions.
- Familiar with common laboratory equipment such as: Glassware, rotovaps, reactors, pumps, and chiller units.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and other job related software.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience communicating effectively to management.
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your resume to #removed#
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178. - provided by Dice