COMPANY: WESTCHESTER MEDICAL CENTER
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
The Registered Nurse demonstrates competence by integrating theoretical knowledge with clinical experience in the care of assigned patients by independently assessing, planning, and evaluating patients and utilizing the systematic approach of the nursing process. The RN utilizes patterns of patient responses to guide practice and provides nursing care as defined by the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures of MHRH, the NY State Nurse Practice Act and our philosophy of nursing.
- One year of acute care experience or related experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure in New York State as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Certified in Basic Life Support.
- Other certifications as required in specialty area
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and written.
- Must demonstrate ability to form effective working relationships with hospital personnel of all levels, to include the multidisciplinary team and both patients and families.