St. Petersburg, USA
Interested in being a part of a team that is part of “the conversation”? Looking to focus your time and energy on digging into what fuels company-wide sales opportunities? Want to use your creative and analytical mindset to hone in on the perfect target audience? We have the job for you! Valpak is searching for a direct marketing Data Solutions Specialist to join our Audience Solutions team to help drive results across marketing and franchise opportunities in an agile environment.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Valpak’s Audience Solutions team not only supports the monthly Blue envelope mailings across the U.S. and Canada, the team also plays a role in marketing, new product development and solo initiatives. We’re a hard-working group that balances recurring work with a variety of ad-hoc analysis that makes every day different and interesting! Powered by the passion to provide quality products and service to our customers, our team’s foundation is customer consultation and team collaboration.
THE JOB IN A NUTSHELL
A successful direct marketing Data Solutions Specialist would:
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of Valpak, solo, and custom data solutions for key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Target audience segments for custom direct mail campaigns by providing valuable dialogue throughout requirements gathering, audience selection, and list order management
- Skillfully interact with sales channels, advertisers, ITSS, production, and all levels of management to ensure the accuracy and delivery of products/services that meets program goals in a timely manner
- Conduct investigational research and analysis to offer actionable solutions to support sales efforts
- Coordinate and manage data processing for advertising programs to meet mail date deadlines
- Act as a trusted advisor and business partner to deliver actionable intelligence and data solutions
- Manage tracking of incoming and outgoing departmental requests within proprietary systems for accurate reporting, billing and system updates
THE FINE PRINT
- 2+ years of experience working with MS Excel and familiarity with MS Access or other database applications
- Strong problem-solving skills, independent judgment and ability to work under self-direction
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Analytical ability, creative problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Customer service skills preferably in a client consultation setting
- Flexible, with the ability to manage concurrent projects with close deadlines
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook
- Added bonus would be:
- Knowledge of USPS mailing regulations and experience working with postal software a plus
- Direct marketing or ad sales experience in a media environment
At Valpak, we look for employee-focused, committed, and passionate Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). For nearly 50 years, Valpak has led the way in the coupon mailing industry, providing money-saving discounts to millions of consumers and local businesses looking to reach new customers and strengthen their marketing successes. Our mission is to help people save, businesses grow and neighborhoods thrive.
If you desire to work in a comfortable, collaborative atmosphere, Valpak may be the place for you. Our workforce is diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We provide our employees with a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and 401K. As a family-focused company we believe in balancing work and play so feel free to use your paid time off as you wish.
Valpak is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Valpak is at the heart of communities across North America, helping people save, businesses grow and neighborhoods thrive. It provides print and digital advertising through a network of 160 local franchises across the U.S. and Canada.
From mailbox to mobile phone, Valpak brings exciting local business offers and opportunities to millions of consumers. Each month, our well known Blue Envelope of savings is mailed to nearly 39 million demographically targeted households in 45 states and 4 Canadian provinces. Our digital suite of products, including valpak.com, extends that reach by more than 110 million users.
Founded in 1968, Valpak is based in St. Petersburg, FL. Get to know Valpak's executive leaders and visit the Valpak Wikipedia page for more info.
Role: Direct Marketing Data Solutions Specialist
Location: St. Petersburg,
Apply for this job now.