1:1 support role in Fulham
Start = January 2021
Long term supply with the opportunity to secure a permanent contract!
Are you a qualified teacher with numeracy expertise looking for the chance to participate in one-to-one tuition sessions?
Teaching Personnel is currently offering the opportunity for the right candidate to become a Numeracy Coach and provide disadvantaged primary school pupils with the tuition they need.
We at Teaching Personnel offer a personalised tutoring service to help schools increase pupil attainment. We call these our intervention programmes and each of these has been designed to help pupils reach their full potential. Numeracy Coaches provide five chosen students with the tuition they need to help encourage them and build confidence.
Numeracy coaches tutor over a period of two weeks and allocate each of the five students a one hour time slot each day. These timeslots will be chosen to fit the school timetable.
Numeracy Coach responsibilities include:
- Tailoring the tuition programmes to cover the specific learning gaps of each pupil
- Providing each child with a record of the learning covered during every tuition slot
- Sharing the records of pupils with the class teacher at the end of the day
- Liaise with each child's class teacher at the end of the programme to discuss learning outcomes
Benefits of this role include:
- Gaining invaluable tutoring experience in a one-on-one environment.
- The chance to develop your relationship skills with teachers and pupils.
- Helping pupils reach their full academic potential.
- The chance to develop more intricate learning plans and tailoring them to students accordingly.
The right candidate will be a fully qualified teacher with numeracy expertise and the desire to be a role model and mentor to pupils.