Fayette Sweets Cafe will be a one-of-a-kind destination bakery and cafe for Northeastern Iowa, Fayette and the surrounding areas. Kristen Donovan established the concept for Fayette Sweets Cafe in response to emerging trends in the food industry and the need for a unique gastronomic opportunity in Fayette, Iowa.
Located on Main Street, Fayette Sweets Cafe will be an enchanting full service 100% from scratch bakery and coffee bar offering a wide selection of morning pastries, breakfast sandwiches, cookies, pie, quiche, cakes, special occasion desserts and locally roasted coffees. Fayette Sweets Cafe has partnered with Impact Coffee in Decorah, IA to provide an unparalleled coffee experience. We will exclusively sell and brew Impact Coffee's roasted espresso and coffee. One of our specialties will be nitro-cold brew coffee that we will have on tap.
Fayette Sweets Cafe will be a modern bakery merging classic desserts with creative culinary techniques resulting in a selection of pastries that will appeal to sophisticated consumers while maintaining exceptional value. As one client put it when tasting her pain au chocolat (chocolate croissant) "It was like taking a mini vacation to Paris in my own home." Kristen Donovan also has special training to provide deserts for those with specific dietary needs. She will offer gluten free and vegan options so everyone can take part. Fayette Sweets Cafe mission is to delight it's customers with high quality products that help make lasting memories and superior customer service so that every visit exceeds expectations.
· Job description: Full time Pastry Assistant will work under the direction of the head Pastry Chef helping to create baked goods ranging from: morning pastries (croissants, Danishes, muffins, scones, etc.), specialty cakes for all occasions, and occasional artisanal breads.
This job has overnight hours between 12 am- 8am. Compensation depends on experience but will start with a minimum of $10 an hour. Job Starts in January 2019. Work days are Mon-Wed, Friday and Saturday. Thursday and Sunday off.
Previous work at bakeries, restaurants, cafes, hotels, and other establishments that offer fresh bread, pastries, and desserts to customers is a plus but I'm willing to train the right candidate. Some sort of pastry education and ServSafe certification preferred.
The ideal candidate will have these qualities:
- Industry knowledge- familiarity with common baking ingredients, measuring techniques, mixing methods, kitchen equipment, and baking times.
- Multitasking - Pastry Assistant will be able to focus on multiple tasks like baking and decorating a different goodie at the same time. She or he will be able to keep track of what's going on and prioritize tasks as needed.
- Organization skills - a neat, arranged work area the promotes efficiency and safety
- Teamwork - The ideal candidate will collaborate with others involved in creating, serving, and selling products to keep operations running smoothly. He or she will have a strong communication skills, sense of humor, an entrepreneurial spirit, ambition, and is willing to think outside the box.
- Physical requirements - The Pastry Assistant will spend a good deal of time on their feet and also should be able to lift 50lbs, bend, lift, and perform arm and hand movements adequately
- Pride in one's work- a commitment to excellence and innovation that yields products that customers crave
Willing to help pay relocation expenses!
Role: Pastry Chef
Apply for this job now.