Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
An entry level position for a highly motivated, hard-working person with the desire to grow their career at Sunbelt.
The role of the Technician/Mechanic Trainee is to perform light mechanical and preventative maintenance work under close supervision. In addition, this person will go through a training program that will allow the individual to expand their skill set on a variety of equipment, including the on-board diagnostics. This position is a learning and training position to prepare for a Mechanic or Road Mechanic role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cleans, pressure washes and preps equipment for repairs.
• Assists other mechanics with loading and unloading of equipment as needed.
• Assists other mechanics with repairs and maintenance of equipment as needed.
• May primarily perform full service maintenance on small equipment, e.g., generators or diagnose simple mechanical problems on small electrics, e.g., circuit breakers
• Willingness to learn and ability to comprehend complex equipment repairs
• 1 to 3 years of experience with similar equipment strongly preferred
• May need to safely use personal mechanic’s tools
• Ability to effectively and safely use mechanic’s tools and equipment
• Ability to communicate equipment issues and understand job assignments
• Personal and professional integrity
• Proficient to advanced computer skills - enter work orders, diagnose issues, Wynne system, and ability to learn analyzers.
• Exhibit a clear understanding of the necessity of equipment safety
• Flexibility regarding work assignments
• Must be physically able to work in a job-site or diesel shop environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, reaching
Sunbelt Rentals has competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including.
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.
Sunbelt Rentals requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Gear up for an exciting career!
One of the largest equipment rental companies in North America and backed by a network of more than 600 locations, Sunbelt Rentals successfully services a variety of customers - from those in the commercial, residential, industrial, municipal, and specialized service industries, to weekend do-it-yourselfers. Sunbelt extensive fleet exceeds $5.0 billion and includes general construction equipment, industrial tools, pumps and power generation equipment, trench shoring, scaffolding, remediation & restoration equipment, and more.
Specialty Divisions and Market Segment Focus:
Designed to serve distinct customer segments requiring a high level of technical expertise, Sunbelt Rentals offer a highly diversified product mix, as well as trained experts.
Climate Control Services
Tools & Equipment
Oil & Gas Services
Pile Driving Services
Pump & Power Services
Remediation and Restoration
Role: Mechanic (Heavy Duty) (2018-7456)
Apply for this job now.