Primary responsibilities for this full time positon include:
· Perform or assist with completion of maintenance work orders and apartment renovations.
· Perform planned maintenance tasks such as checking for proper equipment operation, lubricating bearings, changing air filters, heat exchanger and condenser coils, etc.
· Perform or assist with repairing and/or replacing space temperature and HVAC equipment controls.
· Perform basic carpentry work such as hanging or repairing doors, installing or repairing windows or cabinets and handrails, repairing roofs, gutters and downspouts, replacing floor tiles, patching plaster walls and ceilings, etc.
· Perform masonry work patching cracked concrete, replacing broken masonry brick and ceramic tiles, re-grouting, sealing concrete and exterior brick walls, etc.
· Plastering and sheetrock repair and installation. Painting, including prep work.
· Perform plumbing tasks such as replacing/repairing faucet washers, seats, stems, spigots, resetting commodes, tubs and sinks, repairing water leaks, clearing clogged drains and soil lines, etc.
· Perform basic electrical systems maintenance repairs.
· Troubleshoot maintenance problems using appropriate testing equipment.
· May perform or assist with horticultural duties and perform other duties as assigned.
· Participate in off-shift and weekend emergency maintenance coverage as scheduled.
Qualified applicant should have:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Basic practical knowledge of the principles, practices, tools and materials used in building trades (carpentry, plumbing, painting, masonry, heating or electrical trades).
· Skilled in the use and care of hand tools and electrical tools.
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs., climb, stoop, stand, carry, load and unload, move large items and other related physical activities and to work for extended periods of time in inclement weather.
· Ability to assist in making water distribution system repairs and assist in gas distribution system repairs.
· Able to perform basic welding for the repair of fencing, handrails, etc.
· Able to understand and follow written and oral instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, residents and the general public.
· Must have valid drivers license and be bondable.
· Must acquire Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician certification within one year of employment
Cultivating relationships is the hallmark of Kable Staffing, which we accomplish through excellent communication, customer service, dedication and hard work. Today’s workplace requires finding the right people with the right skills. We recruit experienced, qualified and motivated associates, which means our clients gain confident employees who will get the job done.
We offer temp, temp-to-hire and direct hire placements for a variety of positions including industrial, administrative, manufacturing, skilled trades or call center..
Role: Maintenance Mechanic
Apply for this job now.