Description Job Description:
Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Computer Operator/Monitor which supports the Navy Personnel Command/Bureau of Personnel (NPC/BUPERS) in the Naval Support Activity, Millington Tennessee. The candidate responsible for technical support services to include operations, network, applications, help desk and hardware maintenance support of the NPC systems, include 24/7 system operation, monitoring and reporting of these mission critical systems. Must be able to quickly analyze problems and implement solutions in a high-stress, time sensitive environment. This job is shift work that supports the Navy Personnel Command/Bureau of Personnel (NPC/BUPERS) in the Naval Support Activity, Millington Tennessee. This person will monitor IT readiness in support of Navy Selection/Promotion Boards, the Electronic Military Personnel Record System (EMPRS) and the BUPERS On-Line (BOL) web portal. The exact shift is not yet designated.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year experience providing computer operation support.
- Experience should include Windows 7 and newer.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to perform basic Unix and AIX command line utilization.
- Understand, monitor, and perform customer support.
- Ability to communicate with detail as issues arise.
- Demonstrated experience with network, systems, and application monitoring and reporting.
- Weekend and Holiday work will be required.
- Must be able to attain a SECRET security clearance.
- Will have to attain a Security + certification prior to job start, and attain a MICROSOFT CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL MCP Certification, or equivalent such as: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP-SA within the first 6 months on the job.
- Experience with computer/main data center operations and maintenance at Navy Personnel Command.
- Have knowledge of Remedy customer service requests for helpdesk support and outage notification.
Preferred QualificationsExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
SCA Computer Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit #removed#.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to #removed#.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.