Sonderhoff Group is now part of Henkel AG & Co. KGaA. This fusion of our businesses enables us to support external users even better by expanding the range and scope of expertise and system solutions we can offer you.
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a leader with high-impact solutions worldwide in adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. Sonderhoff's portfolio of polymer sealing materials, engineering and services perfectly complements the innovative technologies provided by Henkel.
We invite candidates to become part of this new partnership by applying for a current opening in the Production Department. We are an ISO 9001 certified company, and the primary responsibilities of this position will be material production related. In addition, the selected individual will assist with quality assurance. This is a hands-on position that will provide exposure to multiple aspects of local and global operations as offering include machines; materials; contract gasketing; services and training for the North American market in coordination with sister companies in Germany and Austria and Henkel's worldwide presence.
We are seeking someone who is flexible, reliable, detailed oriented and a team participant that would be a good fit in our small, but growing team. The ideal candidate must be proficient, and/or willing to be trained in basic, chemistry-based knowledge of our products.
Only local candidates need apply.
Qualifications and Skills
- Capable of following established procedures
- Knowledge of basic equipment handling
- Chemical handling
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience with cGMP
- Forklift certified
Note: The listed job description provides a general overview of the position, but does not solely limit the actual job duties that the position may require. An actual job description will be provided to the successful candidate.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience is preferred in a similar manufacturing role, but we are willing to train the right candidate
- Experience with a similar ISO 9001 manufacturing environment
- Critical thinking. Cause and effect analysis will be essential to this position
- Process improvement
- The ideal candidate should also have relative, basic experience in the specialty chemical manufacturing industries, such as Adhesives, Paint, Coatings, particularly in production-related topics in these related fields
- Understands and possesses good knowledge of manufacturing processes, typical for industries previously mentioned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook are required
- SAP experience is required
Benefits include PPO health (medical and dental), life insurance, and paid vacation time-off. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Since 2003, the Sonderhoff Group US facility, located in Elgin, Illinois has been successful in the US market, with steady growth. We provide manufactures and suppliers in the automotive, packaging, lighting, filter, electronics, and many other industries with customized solutions from our extensive line of polyurethanes foam gasket and potting systems. The Sonderhoff system combines the chemical expertise with creative engineering services in the areas of mixing and dosing, as well as process engineering, combined with a range of services that has only one goal: satisfied customers. Maintaining the highest quality for our products and first-class customer relations are explicit objectives at Sonderhoff, each and every day.
The existence of our company and the leading market position is based solely on the committed and positive cooperation of all employees. Sonderhoff supports new ideas and creativity, which are necessary to maintain the lead and remain faster and better than the competition.
Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 11-50 employees
Role: Material Production Technician
Apply for this job now.