Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, without established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Head Cook and/or Director of Food Services, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review menus prior to preparation of food.
• Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is served to the resident.
• Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Director of Food Services.
• Coordinate dietary service with other departments as necessary.
• Work with the facility's dietitian as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
• Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
• Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
• Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of Cook.
• Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure that meals are prepared on time.
• Process diet changed and new diets as received from Nursing Services.
• Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed.
• Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel as well as with other departments within the facility to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
• Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
• Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals to the Direct of Food Services.
• Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that maybe become necessary.
• Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc., as directed.
• Attend and participate in annual HazCom, bloodborne pathogens, and TB in-service training programs.
• Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
• Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
• Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
• Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus.
• Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders.
• Prepare and serve bedtime snacks.
• Be sure that appropriate equipment and utensils are provided with the resident's meal tray.
• Review care plans to assure that current dietary information is consistent with foods served.
• Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse foods served.
Safety and Sanitation
• Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as without established policies and procedures.
• Ensure that safety regulations and precautions are followed at all times by all personnel.
• Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
• Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
• Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to the Director of Food Services immediately.
• Report all accidents/incidents as established by department policies. Fill out and file reports as directed.
• Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
• Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
• Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids.
• Report missing/illegible labels or MSDSs to the Director of Food Services.
Role: COOK - PM SHIFT (11am - 7pm)
Location: Rancho Bernardo,
Apply for this job now.