Exciting opportunity for a primary Teaching Assistant to support pupils with additional needs.
- Full time (school hours)
- Working within Key Stage 1 and 2
- Supporting pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- January 2021 start
Teaching Personnel are working with a primary SEN School in Poole, seeking a full time Teaching Assistant to join their team. The school caters for pupils aged 5-12 years with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). Pupils may also have additional needs such as ADHD and Autism. The school follows the National Curriculum and runs similarly to a mainstream primary school, with small class sizes of around 6-8 pupils.
You will be working as a class based Teaching Assistant. This will involve supporting the teacher with the lessons and helping pupils with their work. You will also be required to support children on a 1-1 basis and will be responsible for behaviour management and providing emotional support.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an enthusiastic, pro-active person who has a real passion for supporting children
- Have experience working with children with SEN and/or behaviour needs - this doesn't necessarily need to be in a school setting, we would also welcome applications from people with backgrounds in residential care, sports coaching, support work, nurseries, child-minding or personal experience (e.g. family members with additional needs)
- Be a confident and resilient person.
- Have a minimum of GCSE Maths and English (C or above) and ideally will be Team Teach trained (Teaching Personnel can assist you with this).
This is an extremely rewarding role and the school is a very positive, supportive environment where staff feel valued.
This is a full time role, 8.30-4 Mon - Fri, to start in January 2021. This is a temporary role in the first instance, with the opportunity to become permanent for the right candidate.