Are you a Science Teacher looking for an exciting new opportunity?
Are you able to teach General Science to KS4, and have experience in achieving excellent exam results?
Do you have the necessary attributes to successfully reengage students after an extended break due to Covid-19?
A school in South Manchester is seeking an experienced Science Teacher to join the department after the February Half Term. Please note that this is a General Science Role, and so the ability to teach all 3 Science subjects to GCSE level is expected.
Requirements for this position are as follows:
- A proven track record when it comes to delivering high quality Science lessons to Years 7-11.
- The ability to work on an intervention basis, both on a small group and individual basis whenever necessary.
This role will involve delivering lessons to large group sizes, across a range of differing abilities. Working closely with students with specific needs (e.g SEN/EAL students) will be crucial in order to ensure that students develop at the required rate.
Other expectations of this role are as follows:
- Providing Subject Leaders/Heads of Department with regular feedback related to overall student progression.
- Hold a strong knowledge of the differing ways in which children can retain information.
- Being able to successfully display patience and resilience when looking to develop student knowledge, whilst always being on hand to manage any pastoral issues.
- Implementing consistent behaviour management policies, making expectations for students as clear as possible.
- Setting clear and concise learning objectives/goals, both in the short and long term.
Annual pay for this role is between £25,000 - £41,000. This position will run until the end of the academic year within the first instance, though there is potential for this to be extended further.
The school is located close to Manchester city centre, with easy access links on public transport as well as for those who drive.
For further information, please contact the Manchester East Secondary branch at Teaching Personnel.