The Injection Molding Project Engineer will work in a dynamic environment with a focus on improving molded component capability to support the manufacture and testing of high purity filters. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with high energy and strong engineering skills.
Essential Job Function's:
- Lead new mold projects with outsourced molds at global suppliers
- Proactively and reactively maintain outsourced injection molds by providing guidance to suppliers and ensuring internal quality/supply standards are met.
- Lead investigations related to material or molded components reliability.
- Partner with engineering team members in the troubleshooting of molded component dimensional and material related issues.
- Coordinate validation of new molds, processes or equipment from injection molding suppliers into finished device filters.
- Work with value stream quality and manufacturing engineering disciplines on launch/improvement teams to ensure all product requirements are met through RTM.
- Helps ensure site safety standards are met
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Plastics Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or closely related field
- 5+ years of applicable work experience in medical device or injection molding production environment
- Strong leadership skills with ability to resolve conflict through negotiation a proven ability to solve problems quickly
- Knowledge of ISO and cGMP regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Microsoft Project). Experience with Minitab or comparable statistical software is preferred.
- Ability to resolve deviations and develop corrective actions and risk assessments through analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time
- CAD expertise, understanding of Scientific Molding, experience with process capability, Gage R&R execution experience is desired
Please apply at:
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
Role: Injection Mold Process Engineer
Apply for this job now.