Customer Retention Representative
The Customer Retention Department is responsible for conserving business on behalf of the Company. You’ll be a vital part of a dedicated, professional team. Representatives play a key role in ensuring that customers who call in with the intention of cancelling are provided assistance in understanding the importance of keeping their coverage, as well as providing policy maintenance.
Summary Job Description:
We’re looking for outgoing, hardworking individuals who are self-starters, can work independently and are detail oriented. As a Customer Retention Representative you’ll handle inbound and outbound telephone calls with customers who are calling to cancel their insurance coverage and/or place calls to current policyholders regarding coverage, premium due, as well as other policy information. You’ll answer questions about policy benefits and premiums and accurately document the information on the appropriate database. You must have a positive, helpful attitude with customers to quickly gather information and record it. There is no cold calling and no phone sales. Friendly, casual work environment with full-time and part-time positions available. Excellent earning potential - hourly wage plus bonus based on performance.
Primary duties & responsibilities:
- Handle inbound and outbound calls to customers to assist with their policy related questions and verify and document information
- Clearly explain the policy benefits and premiums due to customers
- Ability to solve complex policyholder issues with a positive attitude
- Use discretion and tact when speaking with customers
- Reselling the benefits of our policies
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Superior customer service skills required - friendly, efficient, good listener
- Proficient use of the computer, keyboard functions and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to analyze information and make logical conclusions
- Have a desire to learn and grow within the Company
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience; previous inside sales experience a plus
- Heavy phone and PC use
- Sitting and wearing a headset for extended periods of time
- Reaches above shoulder level
- Some overtime may be required
Full-time and part-time positions available with flexible scheduling; Part-time must work Saturday morning shift (4 hours). You’ll accrue personal and vacation time whether working full- or part-time and be paid for training. As a full-time employee you are also eligible to enroll in health, dental, vision, life, 401k and Pension plan.
McKinney, Texas, United States
Globe Life is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Torchmark Corporation. With $80 billion of insurance in force, Globe Life is committed to providing secure life insurance protection to their policyholders today and in the future. You can be assured Globe Life will be there when you need us the most.
Role: Customer Retention Specialist
Apply for this job now.