Position: LUMBER SAWMILL/ REMAN SUPERVISOR
Report to: Division Manager
Salary and benefits:
· Starting salary based on experience
· Annual ESOP contribution (stock ownership)
· Full medical
· Life Insurance
Weekes Forest Products is seeking a Sawmill/ Reman Supervisor to join our team in (Milwaukee) Jackson, WI.
Weekes Forest Products, Inc. (WEEKES) is a St. Paul, Minnesota based wholesaler and distributor of wood products and building materials. Founded in 1978, WEEKES has grown to become one of the most successful independently-owned distributors in the United States.
Corporate Culture. WEEKES is an informal, value-driven company where honesty, straight communication, and mutual respect are important. Teamwork, good product knowledge, strong work ethic and cost control are keys to the success of the company.
To learn more about Weekes visit: #removed#
- General & Operations
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the sawmill.
- Oversee equipment production, manning, and efficiency.
- Complete all paperwork and analysis in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure the wide range of products meet all quality standards and order specifications throughout the manufacturing process.
- Manage and identify opportunities to improve productivity, reduce cost, and maximize the quality, value, and recovery of lumber produced, while safely meeting production targets.
- Supervise shift production and maintenance activities to ensure compliance with all site protocols (safety, housekeeping, hot work, environmental, etc.).
- Manage budgeting (cost containment /inventory control /scheduling).
- Manage safety of employees through leading by example, operate at the highest standards and conform to all regulations.
- Provide safety training to production teammates that will detail how to work injury and incident free.
- Oversee Employees
- Manage, coach, and support operational crew.
- Train team members to monitor product quality and contribute to the overall direction and success of the operations.
- Supervise/coordinate production efforts that result in continuous improvement in all areas.
- Facilitate team development and communication, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, and build employee commitment and ownership.
- Equipment & Production
- Operating, troubleshooting, and supervising the preventative maintenance of machinery and equipment and resolve production issues.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment.
- Previous experience including operation of machinery and equipment, including use of old and new technology is required.
- Must be capable of working safely and continuously promoting safe work practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Associate Degree or higher
- 5 or more year of supervisory or management experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Demonstrate a level of understanding of lumber grades and products.
- Previous maintenance experience in an industrial, production and/or manufacturing environment.
WEEKES FOREST PRODUCTS LOCATIONS
Saint Paul, MN
Green Bay, WI
Grand Rapids, MI
Weekes Forest Products is a respected wholesale distributor of building materials throughout the Upper Midwest and Florida. We operate 13 distribution centers, providing specialty building product to retail outlets and manufacturers nationwide.
Role: Sawmill/Reman Supervisor
Apply for this job now.