Job Description Laboratory Technician
We have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technician position with one of the top diagnostic companies in world with complex biomedical testing systems which can be found in hospitals, reference laboratories and physician office around the globe. This position will perform simple to moderately complex experiments and analyze results per written procedure or protocol. Responsibilities:
- Provide support for teams performing verification experiments: perform immunoassay instrument maintenance duties and/or execute experiments per written procedure with supervision by scientific staff.
- Manipulation of patient samples via dilution, spiking, mixing, and/or aliquoting to achieve desired analyte concentrations or volumes
- Screening of patient samples with automated immunoassays to characterize various analyte concentrations.
- Bachelor's degree in a life science, preferably Chemistry, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology.
- 0-2 years relevant experience in diagnostic manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and action oriented with excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft EXCEL and Word.
- Experience in Universal precautions, blood, and body fluids desirable
- Experience working in a GMP environment desirable
- Must supply prescription lab safety glasses if given safety goggles do not to fit over glasses.