Company: ETHOS VETERINARY HEALTH
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Wisconsin Veterinary Referral Center (WVRC) in Waukesha is looking for a talented individual who is looking to jump start their career in the animal health field. The Kennel Assistant position is a full-time Swing Shift position that serves as a support to clinical staff and plays a vital role in patient care.
Are you motivated by working in a clean environment and want take it to the next level? Are you a highly organized and detail-oriented individual? If so, this is the position for you!
About the Job:
As the Kennel Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Providing support to the entire veterinary hospital staff
- Ensure there is a clean, comfortable environment for patients and clients
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the hospital, including laundry, emptying trash, washing dishes, kennels and runs, cleaning countertops, exam rooms, and floors.
- Ensuring that treatment areas and exam rooms remain fully stocked
- This position does NOT include any direct animal-handling responsibilities
- The right candidate will have a strong desire to work in a busy team environment and a commitment to developing long-term working relationships with colleagues, clients and the community.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt to different communication styles
- Ability to work cohesively as a team in addition to completing independent tasks.
- Work history demonstrating strong organizational and time management skills as well as a strong sense of personal accountability
- Must be able to handle several tasks and deal with an environment of changing priorities
- Previous experience in a boarding facility or veterinary hospital or similar is preferred, but not required.
About WVRC by Ethos Veterinary Health:
- WVRC - Waukesha is recognized as a certified Level 1 Emergency and Critical Care Facility by the Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society (VECCS).
- We have three hospital locations: Waukesha, Racine and Grafton all dedicated to providing patients, clients, and referring veterinarians the highest quality emergency and specialty veterinary medical care. WVRC offers a warm, friendly atmosphere where our main goal is to provide compassionate care to our patients and clients as well as offering outstanding customer service.
- Benefits of Working at WVRC:
- Full-time Benefits include comprehensive Medical, Dental, 401k Retirement Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Uniform Allowance, Veterinary Services Benefits, Continuing Education Benefits and Paid Time Off and more
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR