Company: COTERIE INSURANCE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Customer & Underwriting Advocate
Customer experience is at the very forefront of what we do. From conception, we've strived to provide small business owners, the lifeblood of our communities, with the kind of easy, clear, and friendly commercial insurance experience they've always wanted. As a customer and underwriting advocate, you'll be the very face and voice of that experience.
Full Job Description
As a customer and underwriting advocate you will be the primary point of contact for new and existing clients and their coverage questions and transactions. This makes you the liaison between our underwriting department and our customers, and as such gives you a clear view into how we serve our business communities. It is this customer-focused, service-based mentality that we expect to drive every interaction from initial inquiry through to renewals, with a constant eye toward identifying the best possible policies and risk practice for our customers. As a result, you will collaborate with our marketing, sales, insurance product, and technology teams in facilitating a seamless experience for our insured community.
- An active CA, WA, OR, NV or AZ Property & Casualty Insurance License
- Four (4) years of insurance sales support or other insurance related service work
- Three (3) years of remote/phone/online service or sales experience
- Knowledge of the underwriting discipline and compliance requirements for the full underwriting cycle: both new and renewal business underwriting processes
- Strong negotiation and persuasion abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and client service skills
- Detail orientated with superior organizational skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Proficient in MS Office skills and related computer software knowledge
- College degree (preferred)
- Previous experience supporting a business through explosive growth
- Bilingual a plus
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. Through our partner Insperity, we offer:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Dental (Guardian Dental) and vision insurance (Guardian + VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (7817 Cooper Rd. Suite B Cincinnati, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we're excited to talk to you.
Powered by JazzHR