Job DescriptionKid's Country is here to deliver every child a joyful, caring, and engaging childcare experience that will pave the way for each child to fulfill the promise of his or her life.
The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Center Director in the overall operation of a childcare facility in accordance with state and local laws, licensing requirements and Company policy to provide an outstanding experience for the staff, children and their parents. The Assistant Director is responsible for providing tours and maintaining enrollments. Communication is essential in this role to build and foster parent relationships and collaborate with center staff on day-to-day operations.
* Compliance with the Minimum Licensing Requirements and Company policies for health, safety, and licensing
o Maintain knowledge of state, local, and company policies for enrollment, attendance, tuition payment, and state assistance enrollment
o Ensure State mandated student/teacher ratios are maintained
o Prepare timely and accurate weekly and monthly reports
o Provide support to the Director for subsidy contract management and care contract management o Support QRIS or National Accreditation efforts
* Enrollment and Attendance o Conduct informative and professional tours
o Build and foster parent relationships o Familiarize parents with Center policies
o Maintain complete and up-to-date attendance files for enrolled children
o Conduct marketing and outreach activities to generate a waiting list
o Develop and implement strategies to address any gaps in marketing and enrollment o Collect and file all classroom attendance and child tracking forms
o Ensure staffing levels are aligned to enrollment and attendance levels
o Ensure staff meet all education and training requirements
o Maintain accurate personnel files, including electronic records that meet state licensing guidelines o Work with the Director to perform staff reviews for supplementary staff, i.e. cook, driver, seasonal teacher, etc.
o Assist the Center Director in arranging staff schedules
o Act as substitute Director and provide coverage as needed for absent employees, including Teacher, Cook and Before/After Care Bus Driver
o Prepare monthly parent newsletter and other parent-facing communications
o Meet with parents when needed and assist staff with parent/teacher conferences
* Center Financial Management and Accounting
o Work with the Director to monitor the financial health of the Center, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, State Assistance, and payroll
o Complete and submit state assistance invoices in a timely and accurate manner
o Ensure all families using the Child Care Assistance program properly sign their children in/out daily o Ensure State Assistance payments are accurate according to children's attendance
o Process payment of invoices in a timely manner when the Director is absent
o Work with the Center Director to ensure End of the Month paper work is complete and submitted to Regional Director
* Programming o Ensure that curriculum, lesson plans, and activities are current and developmentally appropriate for child age groups
o Supervise all Center operations in the absence of the Center Director
o Plan Parent Night Out activities and assist with field trip and event planning and scheduling
* Food Program
o Implement program in compliance with USDA regulations and CACFP, if applicable
o Perform food ordering and maintain center budgets
o Ensure weekly breakfast billing is complete and accurate
o Answer phones, complete daily deposits and monthly billings
o Complete and submit punch lists for maintenance
o Plan for and conduct monthly fire drills, quarterly earthquake and emergency preparedness drills, and keep a record of the necessary information as indicated on provided form
o Maintain common area decorations and bulletin boards, ensure dcor is current and signage is correctly spelled
o Implement center supply inventory and ordering according to actual needs
* Provide coverage as needed for the Center's Director, serving the Substitute Director to ensure the facility operates in compliance with state and local laws and Company policy and that families receive outstanding care for their children
* Other duties as assigned based on the needs of the Center
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Knowledge and ability to work in any of the roles within the program
- Proactive and team-oriented attitude to create a successful team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability with parents and other members of the team
- Ability to create a professional, productive, and positive environment for employees, parents, and children
- Strong communication skills that reflect professionalism and tact at all times
- Enforce all policies and procedures documented in the employee handbook, job description, and any other information verbally instructed by the Center Director or Regional Director
- Degree or Certification as an Early Childhood Teacher and hold a current State Director Certification or be willing to achieve Director Certification
- 2+ years' experience working with children
- Must be Pediatric CPR certified or achieve certification within the first 3 months of employment
- Must obtain health assessment before employment and continue to keep current and up to date per state regulations.
- Employee must meet all state requirements relative to criminal background check, FBI finger printing and child abuse clearance prior to beginning employment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to lift in excess of twenty (20) lbs
- Ability to pass state and federal background checks
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bonafide occupational qualification exists.
The Early Learning Academies' Core Values:
We hold ourselves to the highest standards of excellence in everything we do.
We emulate kindness and integrity with our words and our actions.
We are always learning to better serve our families and each other.
We welcome all into our classrooms and onto our teams.
We are not a place; we are a community.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment