Location: Remote - Scotland - Travel Required
Job Type: Permanent
Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday (9.00am - 5.00pm)
Salary: £Competitive Salary DOE, Plus Benefits Package and Car Allowance
At Menzies Distribution we have been delivering across the UK since 1833, we can reach areas that others cannot. Today, we are Logistic UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - We keep moving forwards.
We have a rare opportunity for an enthusiastic SHEQ Business Partner to join our business. Joining our team, you will work closely with our Group Health & Safety Manager who will champion you to evolve into a SHEQ (safety, health, environment and quality) expert, a trusted advisor, and a leader within our Scotland Operations.
The successful candidate will support our internal teams to develop, implement and promote a culture of safety across 18 sites. You will coach our Operational colleagues, identify and prevent risks and contribute towards continuous improvements. The ideal post-holder will be highly visible, eager to learn and will have a genuine passion for Health & Safety, environmental regulations and quality control.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Co-ordinate, monitor and ensure risk assessments and safe systems of work are successfully implemented and regularly reviewed & updated as needed
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with employees at all levels and promote exceptional standards
- Promote and raise Health & Safety awareness and drive a positive culture across all 18 sites
- Provide support and advice to all locations in the Scotland as required on all SHEQ related issues
- Support operational teams in carrying out accident investigations and produce reports which identify root causes and actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Analyse all accident data to identify trends and investigate/implement any additional safety controls where appropriate
- Carry out internal SHEQ audits including following up on progress for actions to be taken
- Review/Produce SHEQ related documentation as necessary including safety alerts, toolbox talks, training content, etc
- Attend and contribute to SHEQ and project related meetings including new business opportunities, new site opens, etc.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Educational and/or hand's on Health & Safety/SHEQ experience is essential
- NEBOSH qualification or equivalent
- Previous experience within the logistics industry is preferable
- Desire to learn and develop in all areas of SHEQ
- An ability to handle responsibility and keep calm under pressure
- Able to research, understand, relay and implement regulatory information
- Competent within Microsoft, Excel & MS Word
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 31 Days Annual Leave (Plus 2 Fixed Days)
- Annual Car Allowance
- Annual Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care
- Instant access to Myles E-Learning platform with opportunities to progress your career
- Automatic entry and consideration for Menzies Distribution SPIRIT award and Safety Star recogn