Sets up and operates manual vertical mill and engine lathe machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
• Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
• Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
• Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
• Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
• Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
• Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
• Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
• Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals..
• Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience 3-5 Years experience
A leading manufacturer of Packing House equipment and Sprayers, we know our business! With over 80 years under our belt, we continue to grow and lead the way in innovation and new technology. We are a single source supplier and system integrator for packing houses offering a full line of produce grading equipment including electronic sorting/sizing equipment and peripherals for packing fruit and vegetables.
Apply for this job now.