If you have a background in accounting and are searching for a role with a highly respected Engineering firm, Robert Half Finance may have the Senior Accountant position for you. Preparing and consolidating financial statements, analyzing and reconciling accounts, analyzing cash flow, creating budgets and forecasts, preparing audits, and managing internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting are among the key responsibilities for this role. This position requires top-notch analytical skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This Senior Accountant role is based in Portland, Maine with a company in the Engineering field. Along with a strong benefits package, this position is well compensated and offers the possibility to advance. For immediate consideration, please apply directly or call Genevieve Fullilove #removed#.
- When working with business partners, ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls. Additionally, be able to provide support on special requests
- Review financial information such as trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc. and present analysis in a clear manner
- Formulate Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Perform monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Produce monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management purposes
- Commitment to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Engage in various department-wide initiatives
- Provide assistance in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external
- Manage Ad-hoc projects as necessaryJob Requirements:
- Exceptional time management skills preferred
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- SEC reporting and SOX compliance is a plus
- Skill with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Internal audit experience desired
- Expertise in Company Internal Control
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Prior work done in public accounting is desired
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
- Detailed and have the ability work independently
- Skilled with ERP systems
- 5+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.