IMC has an IMMEDIATE position for a well-established HVAC FOREMAN in the Miami/Florida Keys area to coordinate HVAC operations on specific Military bases in the Florida Keys. This position will require a person to be able to supervise sub-contractors, and all HVAC installations needed from start to finish, and to meet and/or exceed all needs and expectations of the US government and its military, provided with-in the scopes of the project. This position will require the applicant pass a thorough background check for entry onto the military base.
- (5) year minimum experience in the HVAC trade as a foreman and/or supervisor;
- Must have a high knowledge of HVAC systems, products and materials;
- Experience with all types of ductworks (high pressure/low pressure sheet metal, duct board and flexible ductwork);
- Experience with mechanical systems from residential equipment, large unitary equipment, ventilation equipment, chiller equipment;
- Abilities to understand and comprehend construction documents, blue prints, submittals, RFP’s and scopes of work;
- Communication skills with sub-contractors, general contractors, the office, as well as other trades;
- A general knowledge of computer / mobile applications such as Office 365 (excel, word, etc.);
- Ability to travel or possibly relocate (with notice) for an undetermined period; and
- Ability to lead others, with great organizational skills and attention to detail, under high pressure work environments.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Supervise, plan and coordinate all activities on site, and of work crews (Mechanics, Apprentices and helpers) engaged in the fabrication and installation of Mechanical HVAC projects and monitor performance. Including: ductwork roughs, Trims, mechanical system installations, mechanical systems start-up procedures and troubleshooting;
- Attend site meetings and coordinate with other trades;
- Supervise the use of company issued tools, materials and specialized equipment;
- Manage on site time of all employees and sub-contractors employed by IMC;
- Ability to coordinate (with General Contractor and other trades) and/or call in inspections as required;
- Estimate time schedules for equipment/materials deliveries; and
- Order, receive and manage all materials delivered to site for inventory and production purposes. This will include routine inventory counts.
Employee pay, and benefits package will be determined by Trade experience, Skill Level, and overall performance. IMC Construction Group values employees as an important Company Investment and offers some of the highest pay, and benefits package in the Electrical Industry.
- Up to 22 Days of paid holiday and Personal Time Off
- High percentage of individual and family Medical insurance paid by IMC
- Retirement with percentage company match by IMC
- Offers Apprenticeship training for employees
- Encourages Advancement from within.
- Compensation will be determined based on the applicant's experience.
IMC Construction Group is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE, all eligible candidates must pass a drug test. IMC Construction Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, age, disability or genetics.
IMC Construction Group is a leading contractor specializing in high profile government and private sector projects throughout the USA and various global areas. Our integrity, strong work ethic and high standards is the foundation of our company and the reason we are a top defense contractor for the United States government.
Role: HVAC Foreman
Location: Key West,
Apply for this job now.