2nd Shift: 1pm-11pm Sunday through Thursday
3rd Shift: 9pm-7am Sunday through Thursday
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for, but not limited to, various departmental administrative functions to support Transportation Operations and to provide leadership to professional truck drivers in regard to work schedules, payroll adjustments, approvals for time off (bonus days, personal days, vacations and other approved absences), and qualifications for interstate driving, in order to improve operational efficiency and ensure compliance with Regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains driver attendance records and initiates disciplinary actions for violations of the attendance policy
- Maintains driver payroll records, audits those records for discrepancies and makes the necessary adjustments into the KRONOS system
- Maintains driver vacation schedules, approves vacation requests in accordance with established guidelines and coordinates the schedules with the Dispatcher
- Working with the Dispatcher, determines staffing requirements in regards to requests from drivers for personal time off and proves or denies requests accordingly
- Ensures that company policies, procedures and directives in regard to driver work schedules are implemented and followed as planned
- Establishes driver work schedules and assigns regularly scheduled days off for all drivers in accordance with business needs and driver seniority
- Maintains driver qualification files in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Use the existing program to monitor expiration dates and to coordinate the renewal of driver medical certifications and drivers’ licenses
- Maintains vehicle accident files and performs various administrative functions in regard to accidents, including contact with insurance providers, obtaining police reports, obtaining estimates of repairs and any other information as requested by the Manager of Transportation
- Performs various other administrative and operational functions as required by the Manager of Transportation
- Communicates fully with superiors, subordinates and internal and external customers to promote and improve transportation department functions
- Minimum of 3 years experience supervising CDL Drivers
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT and hours of service rules and regulations
- Computer skills, including knowledge of all MS Office Suite and Excel; Access database skills desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Cadec TMS system a definite plus
- Motivated individual that will work toward advancement to management status in the future
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature, no special demands are required.
Role: Transportation Supervisor--2nd & 3rd shift available!
Apply for this job now.