We seek a highly motivated Operations Manager interested in logistics planning, international supply chain processes, and inventory management. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the management of a growing green business, as well as interact with designers, architects, engineers, and green building firms across NYC and throughout North America.
- Manage and improve operational practices
- Prioritize and manage processing of daily orders
- Coordinate with international suppliers to maintain tight inventory control, perform regular cycle counts and annual physical counts, and establish procedures to ensure integrity of inventory
- Work directly with our US and Canadian warehouses as well as our ground and LTL carriers to ensure orders are fulfilled according to schedule
- Support sales team through outreach, delivery, and customer management
- Assist customers with product questions, technical challenges, service issues, and estimate/takeoff requests
- Analyze current procedures and recommend/implement changes to improve accuracy, efficiency and productivity of 475 operations
- Attend 475 events, training and conferences
- Strong interest in logistics and supply chain management
- Interest in high-performance building practices, especially Passive House
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Ability to work as a member of a team, and to assist in roles outside of the original job scope
- Experience working in Fishbowl or other logistics management software
- Experience working in Salesforce or other sales management software
- Previous experience with logistics and customer relations
- Business, architecture, construction, or sustainability planning experience is a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced and unorthodox office setting is a plus
- Amiable with a good sense of humor
- Bachelors degree or above
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong attention to detail, with a proven ability to track and manage several processes at one time
- Proactive with the ability to manage time effectively with little supervision
- Excellent communication skills, especially over phone and email, with an ability to interact with diverse personalities across a wide range of companies
- Ability to lift 30lbs. The position periodically requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping & crouching.
Abundant career growth opportunities. Transportation, training and health insurance benefits offered.
Compensation dependent on experience.
475 is a rapidly growing Brooklyn-based startup that imports, distributes, and advises on high performance green building components throughout North America. We're focused on transforming the North American construction marketplace from coast-to-coast toward low-energy, Passive House high-performance building design, with a focus on sustainable materials.
Role: Operations Manager for Sustainable Building Supply Company
Apply for this job now.