Teaching Personnel are working with an Outstanding SEN School in the Welwyn Garden City surrounding area. We are looking for Teachers to support them throughout the COVID 19 Pandemic, providing them with a regular pool of supply staff to work in specific Bubble groups on a consistent basis. The school will welcome NQT's as well as FQT's.
About the School:
- Rated OUTSTANDING by OFSTED
- Caters for pupils from KS1 - KS4
- All pupils have SEN, predominantly MLD, SLD and ASC
- They offer a broad curriculum including GCSE's, Entry Level Qualifications, Functional Skills and Princes Trust accreditation
- There are also various vocational courses available in KS4 such as Electronics, Small Animal Care, Floristry, I Can Club (Independence Skills), Cooking, Art and Drama.
- They also offer Extra Curricular activities including skiing, mountain biking, swimming, football and dance.
- Work in close partnership with the Learning Disability Child and Adolescent Mental Heath team (LD CAMHs), Social Care and Community Police, Speech and Language and Occupational Therapy.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience and qualifications:
- Fully Qualified or Newly Qualified Teacher
- SEN Experience ideally in a PRU, SEN School or Alternative Provision
- Experience with Autism and challenging behaviour
- Versatile and open minded to fit in with the ethos of this outstanding provision
- Pro-active and able to offer engaging, creative lessons
- Confident to deal with challenging behaviour where appropriate
- Any additional training or CPD in ASC, SEN, Mental Health, Team Teach or other relevant qualifications
- Experience or training in Makaton or PECS for those students with more complex communication needs
For additional information, get in touch with us today on 01604 376814 or email #removed#
We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.